Just because I’ve permanently hung up my blazer and vowed not to re-enter corporate America, doesn’t mean I don’t still LOVE to write and edit. I have over 20 years of experience in this area. And since I’m semi-retired, I can now offer my services at discounted rates.
So, let’s talk about freelance travel writing.
- Writing your first article or two can be daunting. Daunting because you don’t really know if you’re doing a good job.
- Submitting your first query can be intimidating enough to scare you out of ever getting a byline.
- While travel writing typically doesn’t pay astronomically well (in the beginning), it is worthwhile to have your work professional reviewed.
- I am not saying that this is something you will need to do for every article. But the service will help you become a better writer, and ensure that your first few articles are the best they can be.
- Having your work professionally reviewed will build your confidence level and help you overcome the fear of reaching out to that editor!
Writing a BOOK?
Some people spend their entire adult lives hoping for a book deal where the publisher is willing to provide a substantial pay advance. Today, it is fairly easy to find a publisher. Finding a publisher willing to give you $25k upfront…not so much. What’s even more accessible is the option to self-publish.
In either case, the costs involved with getting a book published can be pretty extensive for the average person. So, here is what I am offering to my readers and friends:
- Basic edit of a full manuscript (up to 50,000 words). This is equal to approximately 50 pages in MS Word with default formatting (single-spaced, default font).
- General timeline is estimated at 1-hour per page (according to the above format), 2-3 hours per day.
- Expedited service can be requested depending on availability. I am limited to working two concurrent projects at a time. There are only so many hours in a day.
*This edit will NOT include rewrites or any major changes to content.
Phone consultations can be scheduled to help you with a variety of things.
- Coaching to reach freelance writing milestones
- Verbally discussing articles prior to submission
- Strategy discussions
- Answers to ‘how-to’ questions related to freelance writing and or technical writing contracts
- Inside information related to starting an e-commerce business (specifically, importing products and online sales) to supplement your writing career.
Please email me at email@example.com to schedule a call time.
*Payment must be remitted prior to booking.
Please feel free to reach out to me via email at firstname.lastname@example.org to inquire about any of these services.